- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 8 oz. fresh chopped spinach
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatos OR 4 ripe roma tomatos
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 oz. feta cheese
1. In a large pot, heat a small amount of butter and cook farmer sausage, set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the chicken broth. Break the fettuccine in half, add it to the pot.
3. Add the tomatos (undrained), butter, spinach, onion and garlic, basil, oregano, pepper flakes, and the cracked pepper.
4. Make sure ingredients are submerged in liquid. Place a lid on the pot and turn heat on high.
5. Allow liquid to come to a rolling boil, then remove lid and turn heat to medium.
6. Allow liquid to boil over med. heat w/out lid for 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, and most liquid has been absorbed.
7. After pasta is cooked stir back in the cooked sausage, crumble feta cheese over top and serve.